Thread: SEC over-rated
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013   #20
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SEC over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Fair enough. I see your point. It confirms the idea that the SEC is down this year and probably overrated too, but I still think it's maybe only for this year. Every team outside of Bama's been going through some pains, except for Auburn which has been a pleasant surprise to its fans, I imagine.
I do agree that the introduction of some explosive offenses along with other factors is changing the "defensive" label of the SEC, though.
Which is pretty much my point. Changing offensive styles have basically ended the myth of the SEC defense. Alabama, LSU, and Florida remain mostly unaffected because they can recruit elite talent on defense to counter.

I think the SEC is still the best conference (Pac-12 is closing the gap), but this "SEC defense" stuff has irked me for a while. It's no longer true unless the SEC is a 4-team conference of Bama, Florida, LSU, and South Carolina.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote