Thread: SEC over-rated
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013   #19
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138774 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SEC over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Fair enough, but A&M has only played 4 SEC teams. What about the other 9?

Vanderbilt has the 68th ranked offense in the country.

They scored...

35 on Ole Miss
38 on Austin Peay
25 on South Carolina
24 on UMass
52 on UAB
28 on Missouri
31 on Georgia

Not much distinction there. The only outlier is UAB.

South Carolina has the 28th ranked offense in the country.

They scored...

27 on North Carolina
30 on Georgia
35 on Vanderbilt
28 on UCF
35 on Kentucky
52 on Arkansas
21 on Tennessee

Again, not much distinction. The only outlier is Arkansas.
Fair enough. I see your point. It confirms the idea that the SEC is down this year and probably overrated too, but I still think it's maybe only for this year. Every team outside of Bama's been going through some pains, except for Auburn which has been a pleasant surprise to its fans, I imagine.
I do agree that the introduction of some explosive offenses along with other factors is changing the "defensive" label of the SEC, though.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote