View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013   #89
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ill Say It. Reed Looks Like Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Add Antonio with McClain. They were both washed out even if Charles correctly took the hand off. Mercilus contained the outside, which was probably his job. Out of the play nonetheless. I think Mays read the original play correctly, but recognized too late. Smith and McClain being pushed 5 yards out of the play allowed the TD on a busted play.

Just my .02
I can see most of that. Mays was blind behind the avalanche of DT's that were being pushed around. Mercilus had contain but he was totally unblocked and didn't attack the ball. If you watch the video clip it's almost like Smith is trying to hand Mercilus the ball. Imagine JJ Watt in that spot and I bet he doesn't do the chicken dance.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote