View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013   #117
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Maybe I'm blind but I still don't see Rick Smith as having completely mismanaged the salary cap and that's caused us to suck.

Are we consistently "against the cap"? Yes... But don't confused that with "cap hell". We've got probowl top players in the league at a lot of positions and they're being paid accordingly. Duane Brown, Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, Chris Meyers, Owen Daniels, Brian Cushing. Matt Schaub is looking like the only terrible contract due to his play. Antonio Smith is getting paid handsomely but he's a solid player. Ed Reed is underperforming but they're not throwing it his way. Joseph and Manning were great the 1st year.

Look we've got a lot of players that just aren't playing up to how they should. We're in a huge slump and a lot of fault can be placed on coaching. Can Rick Smith be blamed? Sure but making him a scape goat is just ignorant.

He's built this team with a TON of talent, he's paid the players that deserve it (save Schaub) and we don't have much if any dead money. Now we'll see what happens going forward.

I view this much differently than many fans it looks like. I don't think Smith and Kubiak are tied at the hip. I think McNair would let Kubes go and keep Smith. With that said if Rick pounds on the desk in support of Kubiak and we have back to back crap seasons then I see it differently.

I think they're both here next year, Marciano is let go. And Matt Schaub is fighting got his career the rest of the season
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote