View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: "Texans' QB Case Keenum earns Chiefs' respect with Poise, Big Plays"

October 21,

Keenum versus Schaub is the popular but wrong conversation
Quote:
Local sports talk radio over this week, and the off week will likely focus on the quarterback position for the Houston Texans.

This makes some sense. Case Keenum in his debut, spread the ball around, extended plays, kept the Texans in the game and was extremely composed, not just for his first regular season game, but for any quarterback against a very good defense on the road. An exciting debut in a loss.

He took many of downfield shots, connected for a TD in the end zone, had the potential for a number of additional great plays. He was able to function without Arian Foster for most of the game, an injured Ben Tate and with poor field positions at times. It was fun to watch until it decidedly wasn’t. (A tiny favor from the betting gods that the fumble sack was inches from being a touchdown).

Case Keenum cross-talk.

It’s difficult to talk about Case Keenum in this town. Because opinions range from reasonable to exaggerated with any local sports hero. When I analyze all players, I look at their pluses and minuses, and for some, if you mention any minuses that means you are a hater.

Personally, I want all the Texans players to succeed, to be put in positions to succeed and to get wins. Whatever the name is on the jersey and whatever school they went to college.
Quote:
Keenum v. Schaub.

The talk over the next couple weeks prior to the Colts game will likely be Keenum v. Schaub. It’s not the conversation I find particularly engaging because (and I say this painfully), it’s like debating who is going to captain the Titanic after it has already hit the iceberg.

We think of Keenum’s performance rightfully as an admirable one. But also one where he got sacked five times. Quarterbacking the 2013 Texans is no longer about playoff expectations, it is about survival.