Thread: SEC over-rated
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SEC over-rated

I think there is a difference between overrated and not the best conference. I do think the SEC is usually the top conference. Maybe not this year, but most of the time they are, it's the norm. Even if they aren't this year, it's damn close. But I do understand the argument that that dominance as top conference sometimes is a bit overblown when it comes to the rankings.

There's also a difference between a good team overall and great recruits. Look at Florida under Muschamp. They have NFL talent all over the field, but they just aren't that good of a team. Same could be said about teams outside of the SEC. Florida State has had top recruits for the past 5 or so years, but haven't been that great (this year is still up in the air). The top recruits certainly give you a better shot, but it's not the best way to review the quality of a team overall.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote