Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. Nix, if we didn't have so many team needs/holes to fill I'd love this pick but Mitchell is serviceable-good at NT in our 1 gap system that stresses penetration and pressuring the QB, and I can't see using our 1st round pick on replacing a serviceable player.
2. Smallwood, I'm not familiar with the player but I like the size and productivity listed and fills a definite need. Why not take an OLB and fill both ILB and OLB positions with one pick by moving Reed inside?
3. McCarron, I like the player but he doesn't wow me, his girlfried does though. I see him as a game manager type of serviceable QB that would compete with Keenum. U of Alabama, not Texas. This pick shows alot of optomistic faith in Keenum. In the 3rd I like this pick.
4. Dixon, I'm not very familiar with the player but I love the position addressed and round. Fills a definite need.
5. James, if available it's a very good pick but I think he goes earlier. You might be right about team woes hurting his draft stock.
6. Jackson, I'm not familiar with the player but the position is a definite need but one I'd like to see addressed earlier.
7. Marsh, are you looking at him as an OLB prospect or DE? I wonder if adding weight would slow him down. Maybe he could lose 10 lbs. gain speed, and be depth at OLB?
I agree completely about RB's as UDFA.
I was thinking your next mock might involve a trade down scenario.
I am entitled to one free misprint per post! lol. I corrected. On NT, Mitchell has been better than I expected but still not the force we need to push the QB to our OLBs. He could be a very good back up to Nix for a few plays. My main purpose is utilyze our OLBs more. You do know Mitchell & McClain are FAs (latter is RFA)?
2. Not a big fan of moving Reed & think we have plenty of OLBs. ALso can see the removal of Montgomery as a fire under remaining players.
3. McCarron plays not GF (lol) and QBs are supposed to manage games; how did that ever become a negative. Not sure I want a mecurial QB that looks like an EKG read. CHeck out AJ's stats last three years + he could lead Bama to third straight national title. Keenum fit the "system" QB and fans are now going crazy about him. I think my optimistic faith in Keenum for two seasons has been rewarded. I still want a plan B with AJ. A QB of his calibre in third is incredible.
6. No one is beating out Joseph or KJ. I expect Joseph to lower his cap hit with a deal like AJ did to sign Cushing. Jackson is not
a free agent this year. So why use a higher pick when a 6th will bring you quality to train up and who could replace McCain at nickle sooner rather than later?
7. Marsh is pure DE imo who looked good Saturday.
Thanks for input!