View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013   #18
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Working Out Lots of Players "Behind Closed Doors"

Quote:
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 40m
#Texans worked out 10 players including WRs Joe Adams, Ramses Barden, Mike Thomas, and Matt Willis and QBs John Skelton and Pat White.
I missed the Skelton mention. That means that Pat White would be considered for QB too.

BOOM.

That's the big story here. We have three QB's on the roster, and we're trying out another. A drastic move is about to be made, and I think it's a Matt Schaub trade. Other than the fact that we're trying out QB's, consider:

- Jeff Fisher has schemed against Schaub for seven years, and has seen Schaub at his best. Schaub would be a major step up from what they have now in Brady Quinn.

- Fans have turned against Schaub. If you doubt that's a major factor, consider how it was the key reason for releasing Jacoby Jones early, according to Jacoby's agent.

Quote:
After the Texans were unable to work out a trade for receiver Jacoby Jones during the draft, agent Kennard McGuire asked general manager Rick Smith to release his client.

But I’ve never seen a player more scrutinized and criticized to the level that Jacoby was. It got to a point where I believe it was almost nerve-wracking for him to perform at the level we feel he was capable of performing. He became Public Enemy No. 1, and that’s unfortunate.
Link.

Jacoby never had his Jersey burned in the Reliant parking lot. He never had a hamburger named after his mistakes. Jacoby never had a replacement at his position who immediately outshined him, yet he still had to move.

Schaub is not Jacoby, but their confidence has been comparably diminished. And they have both been referred to as "Public Enemy No. 1." in Houston. In both cases, a fresh start is/was best for them. It would make sense that either Schaub or his agent have requested a trade in the interest of a fresh start, and to get away from rabid fans. In a way, the success of Keenum in his debut may have been the best case scenario for Schaub's interests, because it provided a smooth exit.

The schism between Schaub and fans is irreparable, so Matt Schaub is leaving Houston mid season. Count on it.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote