Thread: Dobbins let go
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013   #63
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dobbins let go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Worst part in my opinion about all of this is that we kept these dudes and cut Chris Jones who we used a draft pick on. He's now with the Patriots and has started 2 games for them and has 3.5 sacks and 18 tackles. Looks like he would've been the high motor player next to Watt that we all wanted.
everyone is excited about him up in Boston...ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
What's worse is that it's damn near just a big LB mess. Cushing down, Dobbins, Montgomery, and Jefferson given a road map and a apple. We got four LB positions to fill.

The RB situation is no big deal. We can fill that in any number of ways without any trouble. LB though.... we're screwed there.

Now I'm perfectly willing to believe that there's a LB out there who can help us sitting on someone's practice squad. 31 other practice squads out there to dig through tells me we could find one guy pretty easily. Throw in the street free agents in our price range and I bet we find two of them.

Four? Not going to happen.
The 1-6 Giants needed inside help and swing a deal for Jon Beason. Beason is adjusting well and is now leading that defense. Hell, he won't fix the Giants but he is helping cover a big hole. It's funny how some organizations move fast and start fixing problems and how we move at glacial speed. Perhaps this trash can dumpster of a season can help McNair realize that his slow, plodding organization needs to find a way to maneuver quicker with their moves around the league. The Kubiak offense has the same dystopia in that it doesn't really evolve very quickly either. It's too much of a good ol boy system it seems.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote