View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013   #43
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Want to See AJ Get Traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
The sense I'm getting is that Andre had some kind of selfish agenda to accept a longer term deal, and I won't cast that light on him. The team asked him to help them out, if it didn't benefit the team then why go through with it in the first place? Andre Johnson is a class act, and he will always do what's best for the team first. Did it benefit him? Sure it did. Did it benefit the team? Most certainly. Why would it behoove him not to take a bonus and alleviatec cap space? Good question, but it didn't only benefit Andre.

Maybe yourself, or someone with a firm understanding of cap management/finance could explain it to a blue collar guy like myself, what would be the benefit of dragging out the pay longer vs short term lump sum? Almost like the lottery? Do you get more up front in a cash payout vs interest over X amount of years?

If you need metal parts cut to a tolerance of .001 I'm your guy, finance not so much.

money in your hand now is better than a promise going forward for the player, accounting it for more years is better for the team
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote