View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #205
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Getting Schaub into the backup role gracefully seems to be the biggest sticking point. Kubiak and Schaub have a lot of history and respect for each other. It's all gonna be about saving face. But I do believe it will happen or Kubiak will be a players coach with no players.
I think there's enough respect between the two that Matt as the back-up wouldn't be an issue. I think it's sticky right now, because Kubiak doesn't want him on the sideline. It's just a feeling, but I think Kubiak would have named Keenum the starter by now if the plan was to make Matt the back-up.

I don't know why he wouldn't want Matt on the sideline. If we started the season thinking Matt could win a Super Bowl, then we spend 4 games trying to get Matt out of his funk, the next step would be to have Matt wait for his opportunity as the #2.

Even if the original plan was to transition to Keenum by 2014, letting Matt be the #2 & being possibly getting an opportunity to redeem himself & get a job next season, makes perfect sense. & I like Tj, but I'd rather take a chance with Matt coming in to save the day (if needed) than Tj.