View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #135
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59976 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts get Trent Richardson from Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The Browns got him for a supplemental 2nd round pick bid with the old regime, so I think they might not be opposed to trading him for the right price. I know they would much rather trade Greg Little, who was also a 2nd round pick, but his upside is sooooo much less than Gordon, that I don't think they will get any more than a 4th for him.

The new regime clearly made a statement in trading Trich, so I could see them dealing Gordon. I think he's one of the most talented players on the team currently, so I would be against it. There are rumors that the Browns have a few offers for him though, which is probably true, but nothing they can't refuse. The Colts would be wise to offer at least a 2nd for him, he's worth it.
The only way they depart with their highest remaining pick is if they truly believe they have a shot to win it all. Otherwise they are smart enough to patiently draft one in the 2nd round, and find value at free agency. They are a team that places a lot of emphasis on drafting, (which explains why its such a frigging enviable franchise) so I doubt this happens.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote