View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing at OLB next year. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
No. He was one of the best ILB's in the league until he got hurt and was at the top of the league in TFL. You need a tackling machine in the middle and moving him outside takes away his greatest asset.
Disagree. I think it's easier to find a good LB that can play in the middle and make a lot of tackles. We've actually rarely been without one. Almost every team has at least one good ilb that can make a bunch of tackles. I think that part if cushing's game would be the easiest to replace. His pass rushing and pass coverage are what I'd be worried about.

That said, I saw Cushing struggle some out in space this year. He usually hadn't done that. Coming off another season ending knee injury it could get worse.

Meanwhile I believe he could be a huge asset on the outside and make a big impact immediately upon his return. He has experience on the edges and he's a good pass rusher. I think he could make a huge impact for this defense on the edge.

If I'm the texans I'd seriously be thinking about this.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote