View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #6
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft (1st RD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm going to disagree with that. I don't look at my NT for sacks. What I want is for you to push the pocket into the qb's lap. Mitchell doesn't do that. Nix does it all the time. With him collapsing the pocket and not allowing the qb to step up it will open everyone else up. Mitchel doesn't do that at all.

Seriously, if you can go to youtube and pull up his film against Bama in the ntl championship game. Look at how easily he's moving those linemen. Look at the burst off the ball. Look at how well he moves for a man that is almost 350 lbs.

I think he'd make our defense way better because against almost all one on one match ups he's unblockable. That'd help us in so many ways. Watt, the LB's...with him the whole front seven would benefit kind of like how Poe helps the chiefs. And to me he is maybe a little more impressive than Poe was when i watched them in college.

Seriously, watch some of his YouTube film of that Bama game (and others, but especially Bama). Dude just needs a little work and he could be a monster.
I'm a Michigan fan. I've seen enough of Nix to last a lifetime. It's a relief to not have to play against him again. He's a great player and I would love to have him on the Texans. My only thing is I'm not sure if DT or OLB is the bigger concern. A freak pass rushing OLB is usually a much more premium position than a dominating NT. If Nix can fix these problems then I'm all for it. The problem I see is that even with him dominating the middle, we still only have 2 guys who can get to the QB.

BTW, he's a much better player than Poe on film (at least in college). Isn't going to have the same measureables, but I don't really think that's an issue. He was the only guy on that ND defense that didn't get abused by Bama in the title game.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote