View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft (1st RD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I won't disagree with you about Nix. The only thing I'll say is that we have a real problem getting to the QB consistently and Nix doesn't really fix that. Nix is better than Mitchell at a lot of things, but pass rushing isn't one of them. For a NT, they can both get after the QB.

The only guys we have that get pressure consistently are Watt and Mercilus. We really need to address that.
I'm going to disagree with that. I don't look at my NT for sacks. What I want is for you to push the pocket into the qb's lap. Mitchell doesn't do that. Nix does it all the time. With him collapsing the pocket and not allowing the qb to step up it will open everyone else up. Mitchel doesn't do that at all.

Seriously, if you can go to youtube and pull up his film against Bama in the ntl championship game. Look at how easily he's moving those linemen. Look at the burst off the ball. Look at how well he moves for a man that is almost 350 lbs.

I think he'd make our defense way better because against almost all one on one match ups he's unblockable. That'd help us in so many ways. Watt, the LB's...with him the whole front seven would benefit kind of like how Poe helps the chiefs. And to me he is maybe a little more impressive than Poe was when i watched them in college.

Seriously, watch some of his YouTube film of that Bama game (and others, but especially Bama). Dude just needs a little work and he could be a monster.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote