View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing at OLB next year. What do you think?

I've thought about this some and I think playing Cushing at olb more next year could be very beneficial to the defense. Cushing was playing well this year, but his mobility wasn't the same. With this injury I think it might get a little worse. I don't know, but even if it doesn't, I think this could still be a viable move.

Ilb requires better wheels. More change of direction, more guys coming right at you taking your legs out...more coverage responsibilities.

I was thinking maybe we could sign or draft a good ilb and slide Cushing to the edges more. He could still play in the middle some, but I think he could be a beast on the edges pressuring qb's more often. And like I said it'd be easier on his legs. Our edge pass rush has not been great and I know Cushing would be a force out there. Plus he'd be more versatile because he can drop into all kinds of coverages.

Come, discus with me.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote