View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #4
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115980 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft (1st RD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I've just started looking at the prospects and the player I want most right now is Louis nix. Haven't looked at Barr yet though. But in the first round I want players that do things that are hard to find elsewhere.

Not saying Barr isn't that, just saying I feel like nix is. I think what nix could bring to this team would be HUGE. Pun intended.

If you can look at him against Bama in the championship game last year. They ran away from him a bunch but he was man handling their OL. I feel he could be a wolfork type player that just makes it near impossible to run up the middle. But at the same time dude is a good pass rusher. At this point in time there is no way I'd pass him up. Dude has monster written all over him. Put him next to watt and draft a talented LB to play behind them and the defense instantly gets better.

But yeah. That's just my early thoughts.
I won't disagree with you about Nix. The only thing I'll say is that we have a real problem getting to the QB consistently and Nix doesn't really fix that. Nix is better than Mitchell at a lot of things, but pass rushing isn't one of them. For a NT, they can both get after the QB.

The only guys we have that get pressure consistently are Watt and Mercilus. We really need to address that.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote