View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #2095
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Exactly. We have to know our limits and not expect things that are unrealistic.

McNair, to his credit, probably thinks he has the eternal goodwill of the city for bringing pro football back to Houston.

And if he ever listened to fans, it would have been at the beginning and understood that he just had to be the anti-Bud.

Seen through that prism, it all makes sense.

And if he did listen to fans, I still think we would all be moaning about how far back the VY pick left this franchise.

Infinite patience, man. That is what is required to be a Texans fan. Otherwise, a fan could drive himself crazy every season.

yep! If you put yourself in the patent-pending "Bob McNair Reality Bubble", you quickly realize that Kubiak is a long-term project.

McNair has stated that he admires Tom Landry, who did not have a winning season for five years. McNair admires the Steelers, who stay loyal to coaches (not necessarily realizing that the loyalty was born from championships, but whatever).

McNair sees a good time at his games. Nevermind the fact that it's all scripted, it is still a party! And look at that parking lot! So many people gettin' down and tailgating. This is more than just a game. It's an EVENT!! And fun for the whole family!

He's not Bud Adams, which is obviously a good thing. But, not to defend the recently departed, we never questioned Bud's desire to win a championship. His methods were maddening, but his desire was in the right place.

And while I have no doubt that McNair wants to win a championship, what is evident is that the fans are starting to question his methods, as well.

But, like Bud, McNair will not cave to fan desires.
Great post, DB. Bob McNair is certainly first on the list as deserving of blame in this whole situation. But sadly, we can't do anything about Bob McNair so we have to move on down the hierarchy to the people we can get rid of. So that leaves Kubiak, his coaches, and Rick Smith.

Personally, I think Rick Smith has done an ok job as GM but even still, our team is lackluster as far as depth is concerned. We find ourselves in cap hell, and his second and third rounders have been pretty much garbage during his tenure. I know there have been a couple hits in those rounds but overall, our stars are either late round picks, undrafted, or first rounders. We simply aren't finding the talent in the middle rounds of the draft, and that is unacceptable.

If Kubiak stays after this season though, I might be looking for a new team to root for. I have to unhitch myself from this wagon and quit going through the emotional roller coaster that is being a Houston Texans fan.