View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #2088
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
So, season ticket holders aren't important? Nope. Ain't buying it.
I'm not selling. I never said that season ticket holders are not important.

But, please explain to me how season ticket holders will somehow demand answers from Bob McNair.

Your exact statement: "Bob McNair will have to answer to season ticket holders"

How?

Perhaps I assumed you meant by turning in their season tickets with my reply. Because this is the only way McNair gets that message.

If not, what do you propose?

Quote:
Most season ticket holders have accepted the PSL - which were usually paid years ago - as a sunk cost. True, no one wants to give that sunk cost up, but a lot of ticket holders will weigh giving up that sunk cost against constantly rising costs of tickets for a meidocre team.
It did not happen after 2-14.

It did not happen after 6-10 in Kubiak's fourth season.

You speak for ALL season ticket holders? How?

Quote:
Also, owners get quite a bit of revenue from parking (which, at Reliant, has almost doubled over the last several years) and concessions.

You cannot raise ticket prices when the product does not warrant it. You can't. That's why McNair kept ticket prices at one level for several years, and then raised them the year after we went 9-7.
As already eloquently explained by Marcus and Toronto, parking passes and game tickets are a small percentage of the overall profit that teams take in.

31 TEAMS IN THE NFL MAKES A PROFIT EVERY SEASON. (The exception is the Lions, who reside in a third world country and have crappy management - see hiring Matt Millen as an example)

Profit. In spite of records. Profit. In spite of ticket sales. Profit. In spite of merchandising sales.

Certainly successful teams make more profit than others. But that does not change the basic fact that virtually all teams make a profit. Every season.

Shared revenue was instituted decades ago to ensure that NFL teams turn a profit every season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Wrong on all counts. The owners get the significant money from the TV contracts. The fans and parking is insignificant window dressing.

Bob McNair could CARE LESS what the fans think. WHY? Because they are just not all that important. Quit believing that tired myth that the fans are important because "they pay the players' salaries". THEY DON'T. They are nothing but loose pocket change at best.

YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT.
QFT. This times 1000. All the bellyaching, protesting, bitching and moaning, or whatever else fans try to do to get the attention of owners is pointless.

Besides, McNair has already said that he doesn't listen to fans. Most of the time I consider that a good thing.