View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #2084
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Wrong on all counts. The owners get the significant money from the TV contracts. The fans and parking is insignificant window dressing.

Bob McNair could CARE LESS what the fans think. WHY? Because they are just not all that important. Quit believing that tired myth that the fans are important because "they pay the players' salaries". THEY DON'T. They are nothing but loose pocket change at best.

YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT.
Speak for yourself. You are not important, but, I - and other fans - are. No, I'm not being naieve.

Also, when did I say the majority of revenue comes from parking and concessions? I said a lot of it does. You are correct: most of it comes from tv contracts.

Speaking of which, exactly how do you think tv contract amounts are set? By ratings. And guess who ratings are determined? By the number of people watching a particular game. That's why the Texans freaked several years ago when tv stations in Beaumont-Port Arthur and Austin stopped carrying their games. The know that eyeballs = tv ratings = revenue.

But, guess what? You're likely to lose viewers if you don't build your FAN BASE.

A strong, loyal fan base keeps the tv contract money flowing.