View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Why In the World did We Not Use our OFFENSIVE SYSTEM in this Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The main difference of the pistol is that the QB is about four yards from the LOS; the RB is still at the same depth. We can have a FB in just the same; he lines up the same as in the offset I postion and never behind the QB as in the straight I.

We can still run the ZBS and play action off the pistol just the same; we never abandon our game plan.

Besides the pistol, I count 25 times when Keenum was in the shotgun (no RB directly behind him).

That's the same number of times I count for Yates and Schaub combined against the Rams.

Against the Niners, I count 27 times.

We really didn't go away from our base game; it's just that Keenum lined up mostly 4 yards from the LOS; that is all.
(Not exclusively, as I count 4 times that Keenum was under Center.)
I agree with you mostly. The only way the pistol hurts you is that you can't run a lot of counters..... but we don't any way, so like you said, getting Keenum out from under center did not take us out of our game plan.

However, I didn't see as many 2 TE sets & we got to the bottom of our WR depth chart. LeStar was back in the game.