View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why In the World did We Not Use our OFFENSIVE SYSTEM in this Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
A hallmark of Kubiak's offense is that they often run the exact same play out of many different formations throughout a game.
I wouldn't be surprised if you were seeing a lot of plays that they usually run, but this time they ran them from the shotgun or pistol formations.
The main difference of the pistol is that the QB is about four yards from the LOS; the RB is still at the same depth. We can have a FB in just the same; he lines up the same as in the offset I postion and never behind the QB as in the straight I.

We can still run the ZBS and play action off the pistol just the same; we never abandon our game plan.

Besides the pistol, I count 25 times when Keenum was in the shotgun (no RB directly behind him).

That's the same number of times I count for Yates and Schaub combined against the Rams.

Against the Niners, I count 27 times.

We really didn't go away from our base game; it's just that Keenum lined up mostly 4 yards from the LOS; that is all.
(Not exclusively, as I count 4 times that Keenum was under Center.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote