View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #26
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover 2014 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Overall, I like your thought process. While I disagree with some of your selections, the approach is spot on.

1. Not a fan of Mettenberger. The last game with Keenum showed us exactly how good this offense can be with a QB who is mobile. Unlike Schaub who cannot move, Keenum used his legs to keep plays alive. While Mettenberger has certainly improved this season, I don't like his footwork and ability to move. In the NFL today, you need an agile QB, who can move and make plays with his feet. I just don't see Mettenberger as a guy who can do that.

2. High motor guy. Only problem I see is he is light. Could he put on weight and still have speed? If not, he projects to Mercilus' weakside spot. Can Mercilus play the strong side adequately enough to move Reed inside? Outside of that, I think he is a great prospect.

3. I am not as low on Kareem. I think with many FA contracts going down, he can be retained for a decent sum. That said, this is a great pick. Sadly, Joseph is typically banged up at some point in the season. As time goes forward, a replacement for Jospeh will be needed. Cant have too many good CBs.

4. AWESOME pick! I think Timu is exactly the kind of guy Wade likes: high motor, intelligent, instinctual, and a good all around guy. Would be a great selection near Cush.

5. While Wentworth is a nice prospect, I would like to address OL earlier in the draft. I have seen enough of Newton and I don't think he is starting quality. Williams is coming off Microfibre surgery. Harris is not good enough to push Newton out of the starting lineup. If not QB, I would go OT with the first pick...I think the need is that dire.

6. Veneric would be an awesome selection in the 6th. However, for him to work effectively he would require a new ST coach and I hope that is coming. I think he could also be effective in little bubble screens as well. For a 6th rounder I would be thrilled with the pick and options.

7. I have to admit I thought Keliikipi was a solid depth player who I would have liked taking in the 7th round. Then I saw the Oregon-Washington game. Not only did he run down but he had the lateral quickness to stray with and not let one of the most mobile and agile QBs in college football get away. If a 300+lb guy can move like that, I'd consider taking him in the fifth. Taking him in the 7th may be a massive steal and I LOVE IT.

Awesome job as usual sir!
Thank You!

Excellent Feedback is much appreciated.

First & foremost I loved what we all saw from Case Keenum in his first start. If I make adjustment right now I would probably move DB back up to 2nd rd. FS or CB, take a strong side OLB/DE in 3rd to replace failed Montgomery experiment, add TE in 4th while Addressing OL with best OT prospect w/1st.

* improve pass pro & ability to open cutback lanes
* better run support & pass rushing efficiency
* loss of Manning as well probability Reed is one & done
* Kareem up for free agency
* Daniels injury status & Garrett has only average overall ability

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote