View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #64
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Of those three , the only one I like is Bridgewater .... think Hundley needs another year or two and Mariota .... just isn't accurate enough.

Not only do you have to think about trading back , you have to consider trading up to get your guy at QB , even if its making the move to #1.

Same here , I prefer Murray over McCarron and think either could be had in the second assuming the underclassmen thought to be taken earlier all declare. If one or more stays in school another year , that could change the complexion of the draft.
If Gary lets Keenum play out the yr and Case proves he can be the guy and the Texans end up picking in the 10-15 range. (Which is where they probably where they will be picking) I would try to trade down. But If that's not possible my picks would be

Rd.1 Cameron Erving, Has a nasty streak can play RT/LT former DT, he absolutely dominated Beasley last Saturday
Rd.2 Van Noy or Murphy, and I would trade back into the bottom end of the 1st to get them. Best pass russhers in the draft.
Rd. 4 Shane Skov, Smart instinctive ILB would provide depth behind Cushing and Reed after Reed's moved inside.
Rd.5 Best Ol available, provided that he was BPA.

There are too many things wrong with the Texans roster to fix everything in one yr. So concentrate on fixing the OL and LB's this yr and move on to DL and DB's next yr. It's kinda sad that after 8 yrs of roster building that BoB/Rick/Gary's team has so many holes and so little depth.

Of course if Keenum isn't the guy then QB becomes priority #1. McCarron would be my pick of the late 1st early 2nd rd guys. He's got size, arm strength, good enough mobility and plays well under pressure. I look at the fact that he has won NC's as a plus. Not as he played with great talent so he must not be that good. Somebody had to lead that team and MCarron has done a great job. IMHO
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote