View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #2115
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 226555 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I guess an old Ed Reed beats a young Shiloh Keo. Anybody agree? OK, Agreed.
That's not looking so good right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
With whom? Ed Reed? Hate to break it to you, but Quin was better than Reed this year. You think Quin is replaceable with a rookie? Rookies make lots of dumb mistakes, and safety is the last line of defense - kind of where you don't want rookie mistakes. So you just coached up Quin for four years and then let him go just to start that cycle over again.

Ultimately, I agree with you that Quin is replaceable, but I don't see anything the Texans did in preparing to replace him, nor do I see Ed Reed as a replacement. So if he's replaceable, let's see them replace him.
Quote:
That's fine, but then you're basically admitting that they haven't prepared for his replacement and in fact will not be replacing him this season at all. They'll just be going with a stopgap. So I take you back to your original statement - if Quin is replaceable, then why the hell aren't they replacing him? Hint: He's not so replaceable right now.

Also, your assertion would make a lot more sense if they had even offered Quin a contract before he went to Detroit. They never offered him anything at all, which tells me they aren't even trying to keep him.
Quote:
If they were in win now mode, they'd put the best players on the field. That would be Glover Quin ahead of Ed Reed, sad to say.
Quote:
$6M a year is just freakin' ridiculous. Yeah, Rick Smith is looking smarter every day, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
I am convinced Ed Reed is still the same player he once was.
Yeah, not so much.