View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Meyers vs KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Yeah have to agree with others. While Myers has easily been the best linemen we have had this season, he got pushed around in this game. Watching it again and focusing on the line is a painful experience so if you haven't yet I am warning you now for your health....don't do it! The only one who looked halfway decent was Brooks.
brooks has been a stud this year. unfortunately teams are exposing newton to his right and myers' tendency to help left. teams are blitzing on top of brooks in the pass game because of his being raw and lack of support around him. i get the "gel" aspect of the line, but having a veteran left side and a solid experienced center should better manage the calls and blitz pickup. we've failed spectacularly there, and i put much of that on myers.

one really bugs me from sunday. there was an overload blitz to our right, brooks hit his man and attempted another. newton was a speed bump. myers double teamed wade smith's man as the blitzer came through his gap. that's a call he has to make before the snap, and an adjustment he has to make after the snap.