View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #60
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
IMO there are two extreme holes on this team - linebacker and offensive line (mostly right tackle). i'd use the first four picks on those positions unless a BPA demands otherwise. each is the heart of their respective schemes, and yet the weakest links in regards to talent. we MUST get better at left guard and right tackle, and with any LB not named cushing (who it appears will be back next season).
No quarterback ?! Do you think Keenum is the long term solution that gives you a shot at winning a superbowl ?! He played a solid game against KC but Im still not sold that he's the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think a dynamic edge rusher would fix a lot of problems. We need a strongside OLB that can get pressure and help disrupt the opposition. We also need that guy to take away some attention from Watt so he can do the same. I think secondary players can be found later in the draft, but if there's a great edge rusher available when we pick in the 1st, I'd go that route. It would go a long way towards fixing the defense. ILB is a much lower priority to me, I think you could get a good one in the 4th.
Keenum .... Or is it that since this is such a QB rich draft , you get one in the 2nd round - McCarron or Murray ?

I get the idea behind both of your choices , just have to wonder if not taking a QB sets you back a year or three ..... Its going to take time for one to develop .... Its probably wise to get that guy first and fill the other holes with later picks , via FA or in the next draft.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote