View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #218
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Just in case anyone wants a little perspective, go look at Brady's stats for his first few games after he took over for Bledsoe back in '01. I remember nothing saying superstar at the time, so I went back and looked, and yeah, doesn't look like it from the stat sheet either. Not saying Keenum will be Brady, duh. Just saying it's one game, either way.

5/10, 46 yds, 0, 0, 62.9 QBR - L, 3-10
13/23, 168 yds, 0, 0, 79.6 QBR, W 44-13, 1 sack
12/24, 86 yds, 0, 0, 58.7 QBR, L 10-30, 4 sacks, 2 fumbles lost

Now be true to yourself - if Keenum puts up those games as his first three, are you still clamoring for him to start?
the repeated opinion when coaches talk in hindsight about brady is mariucci's line "we looked at everything, but we didnt open up his chest". i doubt there's anyone on the planet that would question what's in case's chest. i know i'm coming off as "fan boy" at this point, and really couldnt care less. i'm not a college fan, and didnt have anything to say about case until this offseason when he gave me reason to take a deeper look. i truly cant find a knock on this kid. arm - check, touch - check, mobility in the pocket - check, mobility outside the pocket - check, accuracy - check, leading throws - check, YAC - check, a leader - check, a hard worker - check, intelligent - check, accurate on the run - check, quick reads - check.

the only thing that case doesnt have is experience. again, i'm aware i sound over the top blinded by the local kid, but that couldnt be further from the truth. he could be dan from wisconsin and i'd say the same things. i see an exceptional talent.

to your point about the numbers, it didnt matter then and it doesnt matter now - there's something special that is obvious to the eyes regardless of the spreadsheet.