View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #87
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69048 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams Passes Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
As a Canadian who cheered for the Oilers when Bum Phillips was coach, I feel as much bitterness towards Bud as Houstonians do. I cheered for the Quebec Nordiques in hockey & they were taken away from me a few years prior to the Oilers leaving. I always said I wouldn't let the NHL dictate who I'd cheer for. So when Bud moved the Oilers to Tennessee, there's no way I'd cheer for them; I'd contradict myself if I did (not to mention the loathing).

I'm glad I waited for the Texans rather than cheer for any other team. As far as I'm concerned, the Titans are fired
I grew up in Houston as a little kid and ate, slept and drank Oilers football. It killed me when they even lost pre season games. I moved to Toronto in 1984 and the love of the team stuck with me, even more so than the Astros. So when Bud made his move, I was devastated. But with 12 years between me and Houston, I soon realized I was still married to that frigging team. When the city got the Texans, I thought that marriage would end. Yet when the Titans played the Texans for the first time, that marriage that I thought would end didn't, and that was despite the fact I was still in agony over the Oilers no longer technically existing.

Yesterday was a day I won't forget. For one of the few times in my life, I wasn't upset over the death of someone. I feel bad to say that, but thats how I felt.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote