View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #214
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's about as irrelevant as it gets. Of course no one knows. Does that need to be said?

The point is, when you make strong statements about something and it doesn't go how you predicted, you look weak minded when you can't even acknowledge that for that one moment/game a guy played well without some crack about keenum fans.

This is part of a post you made last week:

You made several other post referencing him being on practice squad, being a sixth round pick, making some good throws against back ups and people not in the nfl anymore.

Calling yourself a realist, and and anyone that thought case would play well desperate or delusional or whatever. And it's fine to still hold that opinion because it was only one game. But I guarantee you'd have been on here thumping your chest had keenum played poorly. Because while you didn't directly say it (maybe you did at some point) you more than alluded to it being highly likely.

You can't knock other people for their views beforehand and then when something positive goes there way and there's a tiny chance they could be right, come back and knock them again. That's weak.
It's not irrelevant because it shows you where my mindset is. I never predicted it to go either way. My statements were simply to say that Yates deserved a full game, so did Keenum but moreso Yates. I further stated that predicting great success was unfounded. So, I'm not sure how anything didn't go my way, or how I predicted.

The post above was directed at people who said they thought he would do great. The kid was undrafted. Predicting him to play great IS unfounded and is more indicative of a desperate group of fans. Hell, we are all desperate here, the team sucks. Sorry for saying something obvious. And I haven't knocked anyone for saying he played well. I gave my opinion that he played decent.

And Rey, don't tell me I would be on here pumping my chest if Keenum played poorly. I didn't even predict that, so what the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm going to have to go back & look, I can't remember taking that shot on 3rd & 3. 1st & 10 from the 30, like Graham in Seattle... yeah.

& it may not be Kubiak, it may be me. In that situation, that down & distance, that part of the field, that time in the game... I'm expecting to try to pick up the first down.

Like you said, probably the same play.

I'm not giving Kubiak any praise for the call, just saying I think he's having fun again calling plays for someone who's going to execute them the way they were designed to be executed.
You'd hope that he is. I think part of Kubes deal is that he is trying to show some loyally, because vets respect it. However, in this situation, he just needs to move on.

If Keenum can improve over the course of the year, I think fans are going to come to the determination that this squad does have better targets than we thought on the roster. He's got the arm to take advantage of them.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 10-22-2013 at 01:44 AM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote