View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013   #211
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 60434 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I heard on one of the morning shows that Schaub was saying he was healthy & ready to play... they went on to say Schaub was pretty much saying he's not going to "act" like he's hurt to make it easy on Kubiak. Basically forcing Kubiak to bench him, which Kubiak doesn't want to do.

Not out of respect for Matt. But I'm thinking Schaub knows it will hurt whatever chance he'll have for being allowed to compete for a starting job, much less be given one next season (I'm sure he was sitting on the sideline thinking, "I wouldn't pay me $12M next year if that kid was on my roster." ) if he's put on IR & no one sees him play a meaningful football game over the next 8 months.

He'll probably try to get Kubiak to release him outright so he can find another team this year, but there's no way our cap would allow us to do that.

Anyway.... If I had to guess, Gary & the think-tank is trying to formulate how they'll market this. Working out QBs tells me they're looking for someone to run the scout team, meaning Tj is the #2. They want to IR Schaub, but he doesn't want to go quietly.

& like I said, they can't cut him.
Depending on what the coaches decide to do, Schaub could be cutting his own throat. It would be much better for him to agree that he was injured and could play better than to admit that he was healthy and played as bad as he did. No more game film from 2013 can only help Schaub. He killed any trade/contract value in the first 5 weeks of 2013. Schaub is in a no win situation if he tries to force any hand at all.