View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #55
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I really like Hundley, but he needs to go back for another year. Just too raw. I would take Bridgewater, but he won't be there at #5. I'm not touching Mariotta or Manziel.

Honestly, if we're picking #5, I see 2 options.

1. Anthony Barr - OLB, UCLA
2. Jake Matthews - OT, Texas A&M

Barr is a freak at OLB and we desperately need the pass rush help. I assume he will be gone so I take a Jake Matthews. If he's gone at #5, then I take Taylor Lewan (OT, Michigan). He has experience in a zone system and could play either OT position.
Curious, what do you have against Mariota? I think a good OT can be had in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, way to early for a RT, and completely agree with you on Barr. Barr would free us up to move Reed to ILB alongside Cushing and provide a pass rush at the same time. If we're drafting in the top 5 then we should have a good shot at Barr.

Mercilus, Cushing, Reed, Barr would make a very good starting LB corp.. We'd need some depth but we've still got Tuggle, Mays, and Braman. They aren't great but they're worth keeping around for another year because we don't have enough draft picks to fix everything in one offseason.

I can't see Clinton-Dix being taken that high. When was the last time a Safety was taken in the top 5? He might have been reinstated but I think the Texans might be leery of players with red flags after today (Montgomery, Jefferson, Wood).
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote