View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #208
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
We aren't two Sundays from now, so don't despair. My money says Schaub will be much more injured by then. Whether it's a setback or Kubiak is "just being smart with it", Keenum will start against the Dolts. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Schaub was called into Kubiak's office and privately given the news that Keenum will be starting. That protects Schaub's status as a sterter and Kubiak's as a "players coach" who doesn't let an injury take a starters job. That helps Schaub keep employment options open and Kubiak keep the locker room's faith. 2013 is Schaub's last with the Texans. Keep an eye on Craig's List for his house going up for sale.
I heard on one of the morning shows that Schaub was saying he was healthy & ready to play... they went on to say Schaub was pretty much saying he's not going to "act" like he's hurt to make it easy on Kubiak. Basically forcing Kubiak to bench him, which Kubiak doesn't want to do.

Not out of respect for Matt. But I'm thinking Schaub knows it will hurt whatever chance he'll have for being allowed to compete for a starting job, much less be given one next season (I'm sure he was sitting on the sideline thinking, "I wouldn't pay me $12M next year if that kid was on my roster." ) if he's put on IR & no one sees him play a meaningful football game over the next 8 months.

He'll probably try to get Kubiak to release him outright so he can find another team this year, but there's no way our cap would allow us to do that.

Anyway.... If I had to guess, Gary & the think-tank is trying to formulate how they'll market this. Working out QBs tells me they're looking for someone to run the scout team, meaning Tj is the #2. They want to IR Schaub, but he doesn't want to go quietly.

& like I said, they can't cut him.