View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate 4 broken ribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
It showed when he ran like a girl. That's not an insult towards Tate at all. It was just obvious that he was in bad pain. I've had broken or dislocated ribs on 9 separate occasions and rode bucking stock with them. Shame on Kubiak and the medical staff for sending him back out if he has 4 broken ribs. Those ribs floating around can puncture all kinds of bad stuff.

It takes much of a man to get back in and play like Tate did.
Flack jackets and injections can do just so much. I've had 4 broken ribs with a punctured lung in the past, which gave me great empathy for the patients I've had to treat. On average, it takes a complete fracture 3 weeks just to be able to take a deep breath comfortably, let alone get a decent night's sleep. During the early healing period, if the ribs are continually re-traumatized, healing can easily be setback and prolonged, and sometimes caused not to fuse at all.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote