View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #204
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wasn't wrong. Three things I said I wanted to see before I jumped on the "start Keenum" bandwagon.
  1. Don't do anything stupid
  2. Don't fumble on a sack
  3. Be that spark that gets this run game/defense to dominate

That's all I wanted. He did not do anything stupid. Good.

He fumbled when he was sacked. Not good. Especially considering the situation. As bad as everyone thinks Kubiak did yesterday, given the circumstances (on the road, great defense, awesome pass rush, brand new QB) the best he could have done was to coach a close game with the ball in our hands...... needing a field goal to win. & that's where we were.

There was a spark, we generated some turnovers... but we gave up two 80+ yard TD scoring drives to an offense with one good player. We gave up a 3rd & 21 from their 23 (no score on the drive because Reid gambled on 4th down instead of kicking an 18 yard field goal).

Offensively too many third downs we didn't convert to be able to say there was a spark. 3rd & long, how many of those do you think we converted? 3rd & short, we did fine. 3rd & long, not much better than before & that's not on the QB, I'm not blaming the QB at all.... I'm just saying if there was a spark, if this team was actually playing harder than they had in the past, they would have picked up 3rd & long more frequently than we did before.

None of our QBs give us a chance to win if the rest of the team plays the way they play.

But I think Gary has better tools to work with... with Keenum, so I want Keenum to start even though he fumbled the ball when he got sacked (he's going to get sacked again, I hope he doesn't fumble the ball again). Even though this team did not respond.

If I could be convinced that Schaub would throw the ball downfield, maybe I'd consider Schaub, but asking him to do that makes him self conscious about doing that, which makes him telegraph his throws, which leads to pick 6s...... which makes me wonder why he'd even consider it in the first place.

So yeah, I was wrong. Not about Case, he played great considering but that Kubiak would take a shot on 3rd & 3 from field goal range. I'll have to go back & see if Kubiak actually did call it, but Matt wussed out, it'll be hard to tell, since Matt has the leeway to seemlessly change it to a run play.
That's about as honest and straightforward a post as I've seen from you in a while. Rep.

Keenum definitely has some things to clean up, but we saw, along with Kubiak, Smith and Mcnair, the kind of QB play that has been missing for several years. Keenum brings things to the table that Schaub just physically can't and, nowadays, mentally can't.

I can't bein to understand what you're talking about in the bolded. Regardless, at least you weren't washing Schaub's weenie and admitted that Keenum did pretty OK yesterday.

Last edited by infantrycak; 10-22-2013 at 12:03 AM.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote