View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #196
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Throwing unfounded confidence in an undrafted player and starting a thread like this after one quarter is about as weak minded as it gets.
Putting your reputation on the line after just one quarter is not "weak minded".. that takes guts.. at least more guts than those who bashed every person who ever said anything remotely positive about Keenum have. I don't even know what the hell you were attempting to say above, because it doesn't make a lick of sense

Also

Quote:
Predicting whether or not Keenum would do well was complete conjecture. Truthfully, nobody should know either way. People predicting him to fail are just as ridiculous as people predicting him to be great.

And who said anything about being offended by the thread title? It's more funny than anything, I simply pointed it out after the weak minded comment was brought up to describe people who didn't think Keenum played great. It was more of a "funny that you should post that in this thread" kind of comment.
Saying he played great and predicting him to be great are two completely different things

Did I say he played great.. yes, I did, because given the circumstances he played under (no running back), he did (which even his own teammates said).. did I predict him to "BE GREAT".. I never did. Do I believe that he can be a answer in the future for this team, yep I do until he proves that wrong.. but that's far from saying "He'll be great". Once again, the haters got to hate and make crap up.

Quote:
You should compare him to other starting QBs in the league to determine if he played well overall.
Do us a favor.. pull up the first starts of other top NFL QBs in this league.. compare them and then get back with us, to extend that pull up the ones who had to make that start on the road. I'm pretty sure you aren't going to find too many that played better than case.. hence the "he played great" (not IS great, but played great) comment.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote