View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #191
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Who exactly should he be compared to?

Were there any other qb's making their first start under similar conditions as case this weekend?

I don't know what you guys' are looking at or expect. Keenum played very well.
You should compare him to other starting QBs in the league to determine if he played well overall. In that regard, he played ok. 1 TD and 2 fumbles is not great, or even "good." Having said that, for a guy making his first start he showed some real positives. The guy can definitely throw the ball and seems to be able to keep plays alive with his legs. He deserves a real shot at being the future. He should be the starter for the rest of the year based on the KC game and what the Texans had at QB prior to it.

There's a difference between saying that a guy is probably our best at the position and saying he played or is great. There's also a difference between saying a guy played ok and rooting for him to fail. Huge difference. I want Keenum to succeed, but it takes more than "he played better than the last guy" for me to start overly praising someone. It also takes more than 25 regular season passes. That's just the way I am.

In regards to the weak minded comment, just look at the title of this thread for that. Throwing unfounded confidence in an undrafted player and starting a thread like this after one quarter is about as weak minded as it gets.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote