View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #182
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was impressed with Keenum and he played better than I even hoped he would.

No interceptions. Made things happen when the pocket collapsed, which seemed to be almost every play. And he made some throws that begged to be seen multiple times with the DVR. You could tell his receivers were having fun, too.

yeah, he didn't pick up all the blitzes, but you have to think our RT could at least slow guys down. Spencer Tillman broke some plays down last night and Newton looks pathetic out there. Dude can't even get in the the way of some of those pass rushes. He was getting manhandled and needs to find a job outside of football.

But back to Case. Dude is composed, which is something we have not seen in our QBs for awhile. yeah, he's got a lot to learn, but that's just Captain Obvious stuff about a young QB. Dude was playing in a hostile stadium against a great defense and still looked good out there. The Chiefs D have made QBs look bad this season, but Case was not one of them.

Anyone criticizing him for making inexperience mistakes is just looking for stuff to bag on him about. Yeah, I get critical analysis, but some of the criticism is borderline goofy based on ignorance (i.e. not knowing what you are seeing).

Keenum is the future. He's got more potential than Yates, and it is clear that Shaub's best years are behind him and he's damaged goods now. Time to move on and see what Case can do for the rest of the year to see if he's a franchise QB or if they need to look in the draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
This. This. A thousand times THIS. Schaub and TJ aren't going to cut it, and we don't know if Keenum long term will either, but he's the only QB we have that MIGHT do it.
This is where I am right now.
We're 2-5 and while the season isn't mathematically over, it seems to be on a downhill slope that's covered with grease. I haven't given up hope but.... let's just say we'll need a miracle (or three) to make the playoffs at this point.

Might as well see what the kid can do the rest of the way. And OBTW, how about we put C. Wood in the backfield too to see if we need to draft to replace Tate.

We already know we need to draft Cushing's replacement (I hold very little hope that he'll come back 100% this time around), someone to replace Antonio Smiff (unless he restructures) and a decent RT. Let's see what else we need.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote