View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #23
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 1294 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why In the World did We Not Use our OFFENSIVE SYSTEM in this Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Keenum played pretty well considering. I would think that it worked.... whatever Kubiak did.

I know I didn't understand putting in the pistol formation for Matt, it doesn't buy us anything. I don't think. It makes a lot more sense that it was put in for Case, that Kubiak was thinking way back in the preseason, that Case would probably see significant playing time this season.

But the main thing here, is that we were playing KC & that pass rush. If we were playing a team with a much more mundane pass rush, he probably wouldn't have gone so heavy with the pistol & shot gun formations.

Actually taking the ball from center, dropping back, then picking up the free blitzer... that's a lot to take in. We could have put him in the shotgun, but you lose most of your run game. The pistol gives us a hybrid look...... it's really a one back set, but allows the QB to keep his eyes on the defense, but still run the ball like you "normally" would.

After watching that game I find it hard to make the case that Kubiak tried to sabotage the kid. Believe me, if there was a sliver of a case, I'd be all over it.

it didnt work. we lost. the game was lost when the offensive line couldnt handle the blitzing. I bet that had a lot to do with completely abandoning your system. I would have loved to see some zone running and play action with keenum.

I mean arent we also trying to figure out if keenum can play in this system? What's the point of playing him if you are not gonna find out if he can run your system?

How would the game have gone if we ran our system while incorporating the pistol shotgun? Wouldnt that have been the smarter move?
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote