View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Why In the World did We Not Use our OFFENSIVE SYSTEM in this Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
that still doesnt excuse abandoning your entire offensive system and installing an offense the rest of your team doesnt really know.

your telling me all keenum has done to familiarize himself with this offense is just to sit in the QB meeting room is a cope out joke. I reckon these last two years keenum has run more reps in this system and it would have served the texans better if they just incorporated some plays instead of drastically abandoning your entire system that your entire offense including your young qb knows.

Learning the system for two years running it in practice > using a system nobody knows but keenum in practice for 1 week.
Keenum played pretty well considering. I would think that it worked.... whatever Kubiak did.

I know I didn't understand putting in the pistol formation for Matt, it doesn't buy us anything. I don't think. It makes a lot more sense that it was put in for Case, that Kubiak was thinking way back in the preseason, that Case would probably see significant playing time this season.

But the main thing here, is that we were playing KC & that pass rush. If we were playing a team with a much more mundane pass rush, he probably wouldn't have gone so heavy with the pistol & shot gun formations.

Actually taking the ball from center, dropping back, then picking up the free blitzer... that's a lot to take in. We could have put him in the shotgun, but you lose most of your run game. The pistol gives us a hybrid look...... it's really a one back set, but allows the QB to keep his eyes on the defense, but still run the ball like you "normally" would.

After watching that game I find it hard to make the case that Kubiak tried to sabotage the kid. Believe me, if there was a sliver of a case, I'd be all over it.