View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #18
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams Passes Away

I almost felt sorry for the guy. He made a massive mistake by moving a historical team with a loyal fan base. Then, after doing so, the city he left - Houston - built a massive, state-of-the-art stadium, which is what he wanted.

Then, the city of Houston's economy boomed, and the city became one of the wealthiest in the country, which meant that the NFL expansion team that came here eventually capitalized on all that wealth, and become one of the richest franchises in all of sports. Meanwhile, his team is in a small NFL market.

Bud was a human being, and no way could those things not eat at him. Especially since he continued to live in Houston.

And, it's not that he moved the team; it's that he did with with such venom: and took the name, continued to use the colors, insisted that no other team could use the Oiler name, etc.

I'm not originally from Houston, so I have no dog in this fight; but, I kinda feel bad for Oiler fans in a way.

But, oh well. Without Bud, I wouldn't have my Texans. So there's that.

Edited to add: my condolences to the family.

Last edited by houstonspartan; 10-21-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Additional comment
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote