View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who deserves more blame for the loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Everyone.

I continue to wonder if the QB in Kubiaks scheme is even allowed to read if there's a blitz or not. I mean, when there's 4 guys standing over your G and T....you might see a blitz. No adjustments, no calls on the oline, just run the play as Kubiak calls

Newton stinks, but he ran his man out the back end on the sack/fumble. Keenum needed to get rid of the ball

In the end, I'm saddened by the fact we'll be seeing status quo until the end of next year.
Keenum tried to, Hou-Tex.
Unfortunately, D. Brown didn't allow it to happen.
Near the 2-sec mark, Keenum wanted to step up in the pocket in anticipation of either one of three routes (Graham, Jean, or Tate), but Brown got beat to the inside - I don't know if Brown expected Wade Smith to move back together with the entire O-line or not.
Keenum knew that if he stepped up, he would step right into the pass rush so he took off right away right at the 2-sec mark (he was out of the pocket before the 3-sec mark.)

Keenum never had a chance to throw the ball away.
If he stayed in the pocket and even attempted to throw the ball, the RDE would have been right on top on him, or at least had a hand on the ball (which is a chance for the ball to be batted around in the air, something nobody wants.)

If he tried to throw the ball away at any time when he tried to scramble out of the pocket, D Johnson would have gotten to the ball just the same - maybe even sooner.

If that play took another half a second or even a quarter of a second, then I would put it on Case (for not being able to get rid of the ball.)
None of the routes was designed to be open in less than 2 seconds.

IMHO, Case made the correct decision there.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote