View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #43
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8663 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who deserves more blame for the loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Gary Kubiak.
Gary Kubiak
-never adjusted to the constant blitzing by the defense. No screen pass, no short hot routes, no draw plays, and totally went away from our regular play calling. Those were not the same plays that schaub was using.

-not activating cierre woods

-conservative play calling was evident throughout the game. The baffling conservative call right before the half, running then suddenly throwing. Mind boggling.

Defense

-Joe Mays and Ed Reed is killing us. Ed Reed missing tackles, penalties, joe mays just looks lost out there.

-couldnt stop the chiefs even though they were on 3rd and long. No inside presence. It was never addressed in the draft. Instead they burn picks on two outside linebackers that we didnt need. We needed ILBs and DT help but was never addressed.

Special teams

-what is it gonna take to fire Joe Marciano? Horrible coverage.
To your first point hot reads are on the QB. Case's inexperienced shined on those blitzes where he failed to make his hot reads (because he had hot reads). Yeah those were not the same play Schaub were running, but last time I checked Schaub wasn't under center. I like the adjustment made for the first time starter (ie pistol formation shotgun spread formations etc).

I agree not activating Cierre Woods was a bad decision. Especially considering he had knowledge of a "minor" issue with Foster's hamstring earlier in the week.

I'll agree Kubiak was definitely conservative at times, most notably at the end of the 1st half (bad clock management there. we should have called the timeout immediately when Ben Tate had a good run on the 1st play and attempted to get in FG at least.) Also, I believe he should have handle the goalline situation different.

Defense
You missed one. Brice McCain was teriible in the slot today. He gave up the most plays on 3rd down (especially on those underneath crossing). However, he did make a play at the end on 3rd down.

Defense was bad in the first half, but they did turn it around in the second half. They made plays. They gave us opportunities to win the game, so we can't put too much blame on them other than slow start.

ST
Yeah pour ST sucks.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote