View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #2060
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

I doubt Kubiak gets fired but here are some things that I had issues with that fall onto coaching:

- Derek Newton still plays. That is simple and plain. This guy has been horrendous.

- Time management in the first half. That was just a poor job on Kubiak's part.

- Playcalling toward the end. No backs simply is not going to work against the blitz which they were dialing up more in the second half. If you do it then have a quick hot read involving someone who has the ability to gain separation on the first few steps. Unfortunately, not even sure that person is on our roster.

- Utilization of tight end. I saw some routes where Graham would go on a route and sit. No extension of the route or anything. The defensive back was essentially all over him so that basically took Graham out of the play and made him useless. This may fall on Graham but considering it happened a handful of times it may have been part by design which is sad.

With that said we still had a chance to win the game. Though Kubiak said he would not handcuff Keenum I think it was obvious in pockets during the game that he was. The end of the first half was an example. Coaches rarely call the perfect game but things like time management and leaving a first time starter too often with no additonal blocking is a bit much. Well that and playing Newton so much. I am just going to assume Harris was hurt or something for that to continue.