Originally Posted by silvrhand
Seriously everyone needs to wake up on this.
- Cushing was not engaged by anyone else.
- Jamal didn't hit him from behind.
- Jamal was in clear sight of Cushing.
- Cushing decided to ignore Jamal Charles.
- Jamal Charles blew up Cushing cause of the above.
- The hit was not illegal.
Always protect yourself.. rule #1, if you ignore a player and let them blow you up in your legs it's just a bad decision. Look it sucks but it's a completely legal hit, sometimes just bad things happen. What do you expect Jamal Charles to do, say hold on Mr. Cushing could you please hold still for a second and let me hit you in the "strike zone" and then get run over?
Yes did you get that everyone?
If you run to try to tackle someone, expect a helmet full force into your knee that will end your season and maybe more.
So sad to see this happen, I feel bad for myself as a Texans fan for not having Cushing on the field...can't imagine how Cush feels.