View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #144
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
After rewatching the games a couple of times, including a lot of freezed frames, pauses, rewinds and a lot of checking out the defenses called, what the QB should see, my conclusion is that Keenum played even better than I originally thought.
I will come back to play by play when I have time; I also like to wait for the All-22 angles to confirm a few things.
At the very least, Keenum more than carried his weight, even disregarding the fact that it was his first start, in one of the most hostile environment, against a great or at least very good defense.

With Schaub, it would have been a blow out; same goes with Yates.
Keenum played well enough to win the game.

He recognized the blitzes, including the overload just fine.
His decisions were very sound.
I will come back to this also.

He's going to have the chance to start more games for the Texans; I'm quite confident of that.

I don't think he played bad nor well. Case was a neutral player today. He wasn't why they lost,but he didn't do enough to help the team win. He made some throws that were completitions that were poor throws. I expect it from a yound player.