View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #142
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The fanboys are out in full force, of course.

Keenum played better than Schaub has. He had an ok game. The guy can definitely throw but his recognition at the line leaves something to be desired. Hopefully he can improve on that.

It's almost as if you fanboys don't watch other NFL games. Simply comparing Keenum to Schaub is setting the bar extremely low.
After rewatching the games a couple of times, including a lot of freezed frames, pauses, rewinds and a lot of checking out the defenses called, what the QB should see, my conclusion is that Keenum played even better than I originally thought.
I will come back to play by play when I have time; I also like to wait for the All-22 angles to confirm a few things.
At the very least, Keenum more than carried his weight, even disregarding the fact that it was his first start, in one of the most hostile environment, against a great or at least very good defense.

With Schaub, it would have been a blow out; same goes with Yates.
Keenum played well enough to win the game.

He recognized the blitzes, including the overload just fine.
His decisions were very sound.
I will come back to this also.

He's going to have the chance to start more games for the Texans; I'm quite confident of that.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote