View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who deserves more blame for the loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Until Coach Joe is fired I'm going to blame losses on Gary.

To win most games you've got to win 2 out of 3 phases of a game. Coach Joe spots the other team the St's phase of the game every week. That means the Texans have to win on offense/defense every week. They aren't good enough on offense to win that phase of the game consistently, which explains why the Texans are 2-5.
I learned the 3 phases of the game concept listening to Bud Grant and Jimmy Johnson.
Are you suggesting that the Texans D is playing stellar football? The defense has been as big a problem as any other during this losing streak. Losing Cushing will only make it worse.