View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013   #55
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Thoughts from a Schaub Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Case doesnt change our need to make qb top priority next yr
Yet. Give it a few games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Newton is a worse RT than Schaub is a QB.
Have never liked Newton and have never understood people who said he'd be fine. He's always been awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Also, I agree the Oline must be addressed! Newton is killing me!.. and though I like the 5th rounder who played some LG, Williams' knee injury means he should be an afterthought. They need to upgrade the position! Also, I don't think Ben Jones is the answer at Center and finding Myers' replacement is not a bad idea.
I can't believe how bad this coaching staff seems to be at identifying and playing OL talent. Butler was supposed to be the replacement strategy for Winston, and most everyone knew that was going to be a downgrade. When Butler was outperformed by Newton, you knew the road was going to be a long, hard one. Antoine Caldwell never developed, and they somehow believed he could hold down the fort once Brisiel left, even though he never outplayed Brisiel. Ben Jones is just Godawful, yet they kept giving him opportunities over Qberry in preseason, when anyone with eyes could tell Qberry was not only the better player, but probably a solid future starter. Brandon Brooks is not anything to write home about (yet), but he's looking great because of the slop surrounding him. And I said it back at the time, but I have never been a fan of Chris Myers and said they should make him repeat his one good year before rewarding him with a big contract. I understand the timing of the contract expiring, but the point is, they put way too much trust in that guy.

I just don't think they've done much of anything right on the OL since they let Winston walk.

Quote:
ILB!!! must be addressed. Even with Cushing, we are thin in talent at ILB. I think the Mays signing was a very good one- and while he is a plug and play guy that has playmaking ability, he is not a guy to count on the next 2 or 3 years as a starter.
Mays is an upgrade from last year's Bradie James experience, but he's a journeyman guy. The Sharpton thing irritates me like the OL crap. Maybe his uncle is threatening the Texans if they release him or something. At this point, they have to keep him just because they've done nothing else to address the situation. Basically, once they traded away Ryans, the defense up the middle has sucked.

Quote:
Finally, I am in love with our WR situation! If we have a QB that can get the ball to them like Keenum did today, the combination of Hopkins, Posey, and an aging AJ is pretty freakin' sweet!
I was telling someone the other day that you could watch the preseason games with Keenum and think this team had a few WRs that were at least competent. Jean actually looked like he might see the field based on what he did with Keenum playing in preseason. Then the regular season came and all our WRs disappeared. I guess they all traveled with the team and took the field today for the first time all season.

The one thing I hope this game really did for everyone is illustrate just exactly how bad a QB Schaub is.