View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who deserves more blame for the loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Both options are crap. This game came down to 3rd downs on both sides of the ball. The defense stiffened in the 2nd half, but still gave up three long drives and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and put the offense back out there. On offense, they converted 3rd downs early, but failed to do it in the 2nd half. It's combination of OL, QB, no running game, and no one getting open on those blitzes. You saw AJ get open on a hot read in the first half, but no one did that in the 2nd. A lot of the team failures that have been there all along showed up today, in part because the QB play didn't overshadow them so much. All 53 of them have work to do.
I agree .... I thought the coaches called a pretty solid game and had an excellent gameplan in place for Keenum. Then you take away the running game , playing from behind against a very good defense .... You get what we saw at the end of the game.

I'd like to throw a big heap of the blame on the coverage teams. They allowed a 57-yard kickoff return and a 26-yard punt return ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote